Welcome to Kristiansund bibliotek - Kristiansund public library, Norway.
For information in other languages:
Phone: 71 57 51 00
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
Special hours in summer
season/holidays, see front page.
These are some of the things the library can offer:
- All kinds of fiction literature, also in English, and some other languages
- A varied collection of non-fiction literature
- Newspapers and magazines
- Music (CDs)
- Computer games (Nintendo DS, Playstation 3 and 4)
- Language courses
- Study rooms
- Free public Internet access
- Free access to wireless network
- More information in norwegian
The library provides its services free of charge. The library personnel will also help you with your information needs, answering your queries or helping you find the material you need.
Our catalogue can be searched here.
- Anyone at age over 6 and living in Norway can get a library card. The library card is personal, it should not be used by others and library card or other valid ID must be presented when checking out material.
- The loan period for books and audiobooks are normally one month, for music-CDs and computer games two weeks and for DVDs one week.
- Normally two extensions can be granted (one extension for other material than books), unless material has been reserved for anyone else.
- Material that is checked out may be reserved.
- Overdue fines are 40 NKR (for adults) and 20 NKR (for children) per notice. Second notice 60/30 NKR.
- Please note that you are responsible for all items borrowed on your card. Loss or damage must be compensated for at standard rates.
- We provide interlibrary loans for books that we don't have at this library. This also includes fiction literature in foreign languages.
- You can ask for specific titles, or we can borrow a small collection of different books in the language you choose, to keep here for 3 months.
- We normally borrow fiction literature in foreign languages from The Multilingual library in Oslo.
If you need more information or have any questions please send us an e-mail or give us a call.
All members of the staff are english-speaking.